Check your eligibility below and take the following steps needed to complete the New York State WIC application.
To qualify for WIC, individuals must meet categorical, residential, and financial requirements.
Applicants for the New York State WIC Program must be:
- A pregnant woman
- An infant or child up to 5 years old
- A mother of an infant up to 6 months old or breastfeeding mother with an infant up to 12 months old
- A father or caretaker applying for their children
Applicants must be a resident of New York State, but you do not need to be a U.S. citizen.
Applicants must meet income eligibility guidelines (see table below) or receive Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps), or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
|Household Size||Annual Income||Monthly Income||Twice Monthly Income||Bi-Weekly Income||Weekly Income|
|Add for Another Person:||+$7,733||+$645||+$323||+$298||+$149|
The above eligibility information is effective through June 30, 2018
How to Apply
Make an appointment by calling the center most convenient to you. You’ll need to bring the following items to your WIC appointment.
One of These Proofs of Income
- Most recent pay stub
- Employment letter
- Unemployment book
- W-2 form
- TANF – public assistance letter
- Medicaid card
- Food Stamps letter
One of These Proofs of Address
- Rent receipt
- Bill (electric, gas, etc.)
- Letter that shows where you live
Medical Referral Form
This form will need to be completed by your doctor.
During your first appointment, a WIC representative will walk you through the eligibility process to ensure you meet the criteria. Your representative will:
- Conduct a health assessment
- Provide opportunities to discuss nutrition and health concerns
- Provide referrals to other medical care and services
- Provide vouchers to use for nutritious foods like milk, fruits, cereal, and baby food
- Offer support for breastfeeding
- Suggest ideas for inexpensive and nutritious meals
- Offer eating tips to maintain a healthy weight
Please note WIC Participant Rights and Responsibilities. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Here is the full USDA non-discrimination statement.