Public Health Solutions’ home visiting programs pair pregnant and parenting families with highly trained nurses, community health workers, and family support specialists. We stay connected from pregnancy to the birth of your baby and through your child’s first years. Our staff offer individual health and parenting education in the home, and group support during pregnancy and through early childhood. These services are voluntary and free.
We are located in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
Our home visiting programs improve the health and well-being of families in many ways. Participation in one of our programs may help to:
- Have a safer and healthier pregnancy and birth
- Learn how to care for yourself and your baby during the postpartum period
- Learn about ways to make your home safer for your child and reduce childhood injury
- Help you connect to needed support if feeling down or depressed
- Plan future pregnancies and reduce the chance you become pregnant if you do not want to be
- Teach you games and developmental activities to do with your child to increase school readiness