Are you ready to give back and support fellow New Yorkers in need? When you partner with PHS, you are:
- Helping families access health insurance, SNAP benefits, and other critical services to stay afloat during difficult times
- Ensuring high-risk teens get guidance and support for contraception and sexual health.
- Supporting immigrant mothers and their babies who need healthy food
Our Fundraising Toolkit provides step-by-step instructions, resources, messages, and ideas to help you get started raising funds for PHS. Together, we can build health equity in New York City.
Why Fundraise for PHS?
For over 60 years, PHS been a leader in improving health outcomes for vulnerable populations across New York City. Our work has impacted thousands of families and individuals in need, especially during challenging periods such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nearly 2 million New Yorkers live in poverty and one in eight are unable to afford food for themselves and their families. Supporting PHS helps low-income New Yorkers connect with affordable services such as food and nutrition assistance and health insurance enrollment so they can achieve healthier outcomes.
- Black women in NYC are 12 times more likely to die of pregnancy-related complications than white women. High-risk mothers, many of them teenagers, are more likely to finish school, find a job and have a healthy baby when they are helped by PHS’ home visiting program.
- As much as 80% of a person’s health is affected by factors outside of a doctor’s office – including where they live or work, how much income they make, their access to social resources, and other social and environmental factors. PHS’ healthcare community partnerships work keeps New Yorkers out of hospitals by connecting them with community resources to address essential needs impacting their overall health.
Good health is everyone’s right. We cannot end disparities in health and ensure ALL New Yorkers live their best lives without your commitment.